What is TrustIE?
TrustIE is a brand new pilot programme to help Volunteer Involving Organisations recruit new trustees or Board members. We will support you to refine trustee recruitment before introducing you to interested volunteers and helping you to find the best fit for your organisation.
Participation is free of charge, but we do ask that you see the programme through to the end!
What do you need to commit to?
Organisations taking part will be expected to commit to the following:
- Secure buy-in from the board and senior management, where relevant.
- Attendance at one workshop event on 27 June 2018 at Tallaght Library Conference Room, facilitated by the Volunteer Centre and with an experienced and professional governance trainer from The Wheel.
- Commitment to drafting a role description for board recruitment following guidance from this event.
- Attendance at a final event in the autumn with volunteers, who will also have attended a preparatory workshop.
- Follow up with interested candidates for your vacancy.
The first step is to sign up for the June event by clicking here. Make sure you pick South Dublin as your training venue.
The June event here in South Dublin County is on Wednesday 27th June, 1.30–5.00pm at Tallaght Library and will take the following format:
- Training from The Wheel on Good Governance and Board Recruitment.
- Group work to help you draft your board role description (Volunteer Centre).
To gain the most from our TrustIE programme, we would encourage both a manager and board member from your organisation attend the event.
Places are limited so please book as soon as possible.
Light refreshments will be provided and attendees are welcome to bring a hot drink with them
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Colette Gallagher on email@example.com or 086 703 6768