The South Dublin County Volunteer Corps is a joint project of South Dublin County Volunteer Centre and South Dublin County Council. Both organisations have equal responsibility for the Corps – however, individual work is divided between both partners to ensure the smooth running of the Corps.
county council responsibility
SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL HAS RESPONSIBILITY FOR:
- Design and development of initial volunteer corps logo.
- Provide administrative back up to Volunteer Corps when necessary.
- Support the financial outlays of the Corps and agree an annual budget within resources
- Promotion of the volunteer corps to groups and organisations within the county
volunteer centre responsibility
THE VOLUNTEER CENTRE HAS RESPONSIBILITY FOR:
- The Overall administration of the project including all communications with the Corps.
- Are Main administrators of Corps Database
- Administrators of Corps web presence including social media promotional tools
- Direct line managers of volunteers involved with the Corps.
- Responsible for initial reference checks of volunteers and other screening when necessary.
- Main contact for all projects involving the Corps
- Responsible for identifying and signing off on projects that will involve the Corps
- Recruitment of staff to work to work on project where funding is available